.Net Data SQL Provider Error!!!

Charles Parker

9/6/2002 1:29:00 AM

I developed a ASP.Net web site that has MDAC 2.70.7713.0
installed by the Studio.Net. Locally I can access the SQL
Desktop DB engine. The server that host the web has
version 2.7 of MDAC not sure if it is the latest
(2.70.9001.0). When I access a page that accesses the
database on the web server I get the following message.

The .Net Data SQL Provider (System.Data.SqlClient)
requires Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC) version
2.6 or later.

The host company says MDAC 2.7 is installed. Can anyone
tell me what the problem is. Does the version on the
development computer have to match the hosting server
version. As I said both have MDAC 2.7. If the development
computer has 2.70.7713.0 and the host server has
2.70.9001.0 would this be the problem. Thanks for any help.
2 Answers

(Parker Zhang [MS])

Charles,

Generally, it isn't the problem.

Please refer to the KB article for the information.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-...

Please double check the version of MDAC installed on the host server is 2.7.

It is recommended the versions of MDAC on the development machine and the
host server are matched.

--
Parker Zhang
Microsoft Developer Support

Charles Parker

Parker,

Thanks for the link. I was searching for that KB article
most of the night. I forwarded it to the hosting service.
Hopefully this is the problem. Thanks.

Charles...

us;Q315467

>Please double check the version of MDAC installed on the
host server is 2.7.

>It is recommended the versions of MDAC on the development
machine and the
>host server are matched.
>
>--
>Parker Zhang