Must i use the "Add Reference"

Coco

9/5/2002 8:45:00 AM

I realize that i must use "Add Reference" in VS in order
to use the ODBC, can i know where is atcually the refence
kept? is there a way i can change it!
Because i realise the the location shown is atcually
F:\Program
Files\Microsoft.Net\Odbc.Net\Microsoft.Data.Odbc.dll

this is because i atcually do it in from my PC which
connect to my development server as F drive, i am afraid i
will have problem when deploy my program to live server
1 Answer

Chirag Gupta

You can easilty come to know that. You can goto your
windows installation folder and look for assembly folder
inside that. There you find all the Global assembly. You
can change the location of your dll files.

Besides that if you r using Gloabl assembly you don't need
to worry about the client assembly location. That can be
anywhere as far as it is in Glabal registry.

I hope this helps.

Rgds,

CG