ODBC/Lotus Notes problem - repost

Richard

9/4/2002 1:54:00 PM

I have an asp.net application that uses the NotesSQL 3.01a
ODBC driver through odbc.net.

Problem: Text and rich text fields in notes are truncated
at 200 characters.

I have tried setting the MaxVarcharLen parameter to 2K in
both the odbc manager for a DSN as well as in the
connection string for a DSNless connection - neither had
any effect.

I have a classic asp/ado application that access the same
Notes db using the same DSN and it works with no problems.
It does not exhibit this behavior.

Any ideas on how to overcome this limitation?

Thanks,
Richard Hill

1 Answer

(Steven Bras [MS])

We have one case which we handled for a customer in which they had the same
problem; unfortunately, the issue was within the Lotus ODBC driver and
could not be resolved within our products. You may wish to ensure you have
the very latest version of this ODBC driver, as well as a current version
of the ODBC components.

ODBC is updated by our MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components)
distribution, which is currently at version 2.7. You can download MDAC
updates at: http://www.microsof.... I would assume, however, that
you have at least version 2.6 if you are using the .Net framework.

Sorry I can't be of more help with this.

Steven Bras, MCSD
Microsoft Developer Support/Visual Basic WebData

http://www.microsoft.co....