machine.config and Phone Support

Oliver Leamy

6/20/2002 6:09:00 PM

When I install the 'Update-1' for MMIT, it updates the
machine.config file so that it provides support for an
increased number of phone manufacturers/models.
The 'machine.config' contains information about the
various phones being supported. I can make changes to
this file, and it affects the way that the phones are
supported by the simulator.

My question is this: When I deploy my mobile web
application to an external hosting site, does the
enhanced support from machine.config get bundled with my
application or does the hosting vendor have to have
the 'update-1' installed as well?