Joe

6/20/2002 3:35:00 PM

I'm a rockie at the mobile stuff.

I looking to develop an app on the pocket PC.
Is there such thing as a mobile win form or are all screen developed as a
asp mobile.net web page?

2 Answers

(Craig)

The .NET platform for the PocketPC is in Beta and you can signup to try to
get a copy. That will include VB.NET/Windows Forms capabilities. Right
now, you can only use the ASP.NET to 'use' .NET on the handheld, since these
pages are transmitted as HTML to the PDA.

BTW, you can use either the Mobile ASP.NET or regular ASP.NET with a few
tweaks (or a mix of both). You don't have to use the MMIT, although it'd be
recommended due to possible resource limitations.

"Joe" <pbprotect@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm a rockie at the mobile stuff.
>
> I looking to develop an app on the pocket PC.
> Is there such thing as a mobile win form or are all screen developed as a
> asp mobile.net web page?

Harry Simpson

Craig,

I've developed with Internet Toolkit before and then run the apps in a
browser.

For the last 8 months i've been developing an ASP.NET app and now the boss
wants to run it on PocketPC. Is that doable with all regular ASP server
controls??

Harry