How web services are invoked if they are on LAN

(Ashish)

12/26/2002 3:36:00 AM

Hi all,
If I am running a web service on a server
access it from outside domain
then I think that the requests are served via HTTP across internet.
But if I am on LAN in my domain is it that the request is redirected
through the Internet or the WSDL, etc. are intelligent enough to
server my request on LAN thus being fast.
Thanks,
Ashish
2 Answers

Yasser Shohoud [MS]

Assume your LAN is TPC/IP base, then you still can use HTTP to access the
machine located within your own domain. The URL still have the syntax
http://<hostname>/...asmx. When the <hostname> is the remote machine name
defined within your domain.

purposes only.

"Ashish" <ashishm@grapecity.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> If I am running a web service on a server
> access it from outside domain
> then I think that the requests are served via HTTP across internet.
> But if I am on LAN in my domain is it that the request is redirected
> through the Internet or the WSDL, etc. are intelligent enough to
> server my request on LAN thus being fast.
> Thanks,
> Ashish

(Ashish)

Thanks,
Does that mean that my request will be redirected from Internet and
will not go about using LAN. What if a want to write a client
application that will access web service from Home where LAN is not
there and Office where I am connected to LAN, will the processing time
differ if my web service is hosted on a computer that is in my office
LAN.
Ashish

Re: How web services are invoked if they are on LAN
From: Jim Huang \(MS\)
Date Posted: 12/12/2002 6:13:00 PM

--
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup