(Ronald Jansen)

12/26/2002 3:31:00 AM

In the MSDN I found the following:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/03/WebMethods/de...

"System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server found request
content type to be 'Multipart/Related; boundary=MIME_boundary;
type=text/xml; start=<soapenvelope.xml@paulsoftware.com>',
but expected 'text/xml'.

To handle multipart MIME requests, you'll need to rearrange the
incoming HTTP request before it reaches the Web method. Luckily, the
.NET Framework provides plenty of opportunities to jump in and
rearrange things during the processing of HTTP requests of any type,
and particularly during SOAP requests."

This is exactly the error I get, but I haven't got a clue on how to
solve this problem and in what way I should rearrange things as the
article is suggesting.
I'm experimenting by changing the datatypes (to object, byte() etc.)
of the methods in the proxy class but with the same result.

Can anyone help me out?
1 Answer

Yasser Shohoud [MS]

Ronald,
Are you calling the Web service using a .NET client? I ask because I
wouldn't expect that client to send mlutipart MIME requests.

--Yasser Shohoud