Update/ Synchronize remote DB with web service

(Straatvark)

12/26/2002 3:15:00 AM

A VB.net app (with its DB) should update some of the tables to a
remote DB that is used to publish information on a asp.net web site.

My Approach follow – Is it correct?
I want to develop a proxy object that allows the developers of the
VB.net app to communicate with my web service on my server. The proxy
should have a function that accepts a Dataset as parameter and pass
this on to my web service. I use this dataset to update/replace my
tables.

Is there a more elegant method than to replace a complete table, ie
pass only the changes between the local and remote tables to the proxy
server?

Any url with an example of how to pass a dataset as parameter to a web
service function?

Thanks, Gert