microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

DOT NET FRAMEWORK SDK(ENG) SETUP

RAJESH

10/3/2002 11:11:00 AM

It took me 2 Weeks to download Ver. 1.0.3705.0 IExpress
Setup file Size 131mb, of DOT NET FRAMEWORK SDK(ENG)
SETUP.

And now its not being installed, it works properly till
it reaches to the point where its Installing Components.

Status bar stops, it shows:
Stopping service

Service: iisadmin

Time remaining: 1 minuts
(I tried 5 times & remaing time varies each time)

please help me.

Thanks

-Rajesh
1 Answer

Jonathan Wilson

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 03:11:28 -0700, "RAJESH" <EPNB007@HOTMAIL.COM>
wrote:

>It took me 2 Weeks to download Ver. 1.0.3705.0 IExpress
>Setup file Size 131mb, of DOT NET FRAMEWORK SDK(ENG)
>SETUP.
>
>And now its not being installed, it works properly till
>it reaches to the point where its Installing Components.
>
>Status bar stops, it shows:
>Stopping service
>
>Service: iisadmin

I would check out the event viewer and see if IIS is hanging when you
boot up. "service web(something) hung on starting" or something
similar.

If that is the problem, set the IIS admin & (and if applicable) web
server & ftp & smtp to disabled in the task manager then re-boot.

Then in:
D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\

Or which ever drive is applicable.

right click the machineKeys folder and make sure that administrator(s)
has full authority and ownership.

It seems (to me) that installing a service pack (2 and/or 3) removes
authority and this prevent IIS starting.

Once done set the previously disabled services to automatic, and
manually start IIS admin, then web, etc... they should start ok now.

if so re-boot and double check the task manager (takes about 2-3 mins
after boot to know if those services failed) then you should be able
to install .net

I've found that on my lap top the disk light must stop flashing prior
to signing on, if i dont it seems the amount of disk activity causes
IIS to time out (its also worth checking any AV program is disabled,
and that zone alarm is temporary disabled during the install, as there
seems to be a very subtle timeing problem... but this is purely
"observation" and may be due to other problems.

>Time remaining: 1 minuts
>(I tried 5 times & remaing time varies each time)
>
>please help me.
>
>Thanks
>
>-Rajesh

Jonathan Wilson,