microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Stong Name Validation for TlbExp.exe

Mike Doerfler

10/2/2002 7:35:00 PM

While trying to generate a type library for a DLL in the GAC I received the
following error:

"Strong name validation failed for assembly 'C:\Program
Files\Microsoft.NET\FrameworkSDK\bin\TlbExp.exe'. The file may have been
tampered with or it was partially singed but not fully signed with the
correct private key."

My DLL in the GAC looks like it is signed fine - would I even be able to put
it in the GAC if it wasn't signed??

Do I have a bad install of the SDK? Visual Studio.NET appears to be working
fine.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Mike

1 Answer

MikeB

It's telling you that tlbexp.exe is corrupt. You might want to check other
SDK files as well.

--
MikeB