Lance Johnson

10/1/2002 10:53:00 PM

I get a stackoverflow exception when trying to retrieve whether a value is
null in the DB. Think it may be some bug, but I can't recover from it
because it's a stack overflow.

The line that cause it is:

if( myOleDbDataReader.IsDBNull( currColumn.Ordinal ) == false )
{
}

Originally when I was trying to figure it out, I didn't have this call but
instead had a call
myDataTable[currColumn] = myOleDbDataReader[currColumn.ColumnName]

The oledbdatareader is from a MS-Access DB. We assume there's some
corruption and that's why we're trying the data to SQL with our upsizing
utility. However it's not too bad since Access can open the table itself
pretty easy.

Lance Johnson

2 Answers

(Li-Yan Zhang [MS])

We have documented a similar StackOverflowException issue with
OleDbDataReader class in the article Q317161:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-...

I will follow up on the issue if you can let us know how to reproduce the
StackOverflowException issue with Acess DB?

Thanks,
Li-Yan Zhang
VS.NET, Visual C++
Microsoft

Got .Net? http://www.got...

Lance Johnson

I'm able to reproduce it but only on this dataset in one particular table.
If I can somehow get this table to a new database, it might be worthwhile to
send you the data so you could replicate what I'm getting. Just E-mail be
back at ljohnson@docs.com if this is a possibility.

Lance Johnson