microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Which OS is compatible with .NET framework SDK

Pascal

9/30/2002 9:27:00 PM

All,

My computer is currently running with Window Me OS, i
downloaded the .NET framework SDK and tried to install it.
But i got an error message which told me to have at least
Windows 2000 to run the setup.exe.
So i've planned to buy Windows XP (Home edition =>
cheaper) but i'm not sure it'll work because Microsoft
says that XP professional Edition is required.
Can anyone help me to understand ?

Best regards.
Pascal
1 Answer

NETMaster

The Windows XP Home Edition will work for VS.NET,
but you can't develop/run Web-Applications with ASP.NET,
as XP Home has no IIS Web-Server.
But all other project types like Windows Forms Applications should work.

--
NETMaster (Thomas Scheidegger)
http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_c...