Walter Gueler

9/28/2002 8:36:00 PM

hi,
Is there any refactoring plug-in for VS.NET like the Eclipse's one? (extract
method, pull up/pull down method, move field, etc)

Thanks in advance,
Walter

2 Answers

Visual Studio Core Team

We know of no refactoring extensions to VS.NET. Maybe someone else out
there wants to create one?

This feature has been filed as a suggestion for VS to consider in the
future.

Thanks,
Allen (VS Core Team)
Patricia (VS Core Team)

"Walter Gueler" <wgueler@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> Is there any refactoring plug-in for VS.NET like the Eclipse's one?
(extract
> method, pull up/pull down method, move field, etc)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Walter

Jonathan Wilson

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:35:28 -0700, "Visual Studio Core Team"
<vscore@microsoft.com> wrote:

>We know of no refactoring extensions to VS.NET. Maybe someone else out
>there wants to create one?
>
>This feature has been filed as a suggestion for VS to consider in the
>future.

I don't use VS, but would definatly propose such a feature for any dev
environment as its worth is weight in gold... I manually re-factor
almost as much as i write new code to make everything fit "just
perfectly"

>Thanks,
>Allen (VS Core Team)
>Patricia (VS Core Team)