Enabling scrolling within a custom webcontrol

Jason Butera

12/25/2002 10:26:00 PM

Webcontrols render a span tag to which I can add the following:

MyBase.style("overflow")="auto"

This is OK if I want to scroll the entire contents within the
specified height and width properties. However, I'd like only a
portion of the contents to scroll. For example, when rendered:

I want myTabstripHeader to be any size it wants, but I want
MyTabStripBody to grow only as large as the remaining space inside
myTabstrip. This rendered output won't do it. I can't figure out the
correct style configurations for this. Is it even possible?
1 Answer

Ryan De Laet

That looks impossible, although I can't tell you why right now.
I think it has something to do with block-level elements not calculating the
"line-height" properly correctly. Anywho, In my experience, There needs to
be a height specified in order for clip:auto and overflow:auto to work. You
can do it in a percentage, but that's not truly "wherever it wants".

-= Ryan =-