ODBC and OLEDB for postgreSQL and ingres2

stef

12/16/2002 11:26:00 PM

Hello
i'm new to .NET and I want to work with ASP.NET, so:
where can i find ODBC drivers for ingres2 and postgreSQL
where can i find OLE DB provider for ingres2 and postgreSQL
what is the best SGBD for a web application (a call center) between ingres2,
postgreSQL and mySQL with .NET
(I don't want to use MSDE because it is limited in connexions)

thanks

1 Answer

(Peter Wu [MS])

: i'm new to .NET and I want to work with ASP.NET, so:
: where can i find ODBC drivers for ingres2 and postgreSQL
: where can i find OLE DB provider for ingres2 and postgreSQL

Well, you should look for the ODBC drivers at their respective web sites.
I believe they should release the respective ODBC drivers.

: what is the best SGBD for a web application (a call center) between
ingres2,
: postgreSQL and mySQL with .NET

ODBC.NET is considered a wrapper between ODBC drivers and .NET. It is the
driver that controls the manipulations under the cover.

: (I don't want to use MSDE because it is limited in connexions)

MSDE's performance starts to degrade if there are more than 5 threads
concurrently running. If the number is less than that limit, the
performance is OK.

Hope this helps.

--
Peter Wu