how to insert BLOB? [MySQL, C#]

nospan>verizon.net (Kenneth Brady)

12/13/2002 6:49:00 PM

I'm trying to insert a new row that contains BLOB data larger than
8000 bytes.

I've packaged my data into a byte[], created an OdbcParameter with the
appropriate name and with this array as the value. I've set the
OdbcType to OdbcType.VarBinary.

When I execute a command using this parameter, nothing happens to the
database.

I can't figure out _what_ happens with the application - no exception
is thrown. If I'm in the debugger and step over the
"Command.ExecuteNonQuery()", my main form immediately activates and
the debugger no longer has control. If I'm not debugging, everything
appears normal, except nothing is inserted into the database.

C++/C# developer, biochemist, and musician

www.audioonyx.com
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/358/ken_...
1 Answer

Anthony Yio

There is a problem with MySQL whereby it will ignore \n of \n\r character
which will make your file unreadable. You will need to write a simple
program to add in \n yourself. Suggestion:- dun use blob in MySQL. If you
find a solution for this blob(may be patch or mysql). please email back to
me to let me know. thank you
"ken.brady@ verizon.net (Kenneth Brady)" <nospan>
??????:3dfa1ab7.13455407@msnews.microsoft.com...