Connecting to a DSN from within a web service

Arno Puder

I have a little C# application that connects to a DSN (via
Microsoft.Data.Odbc). The application works fine when I
run it as a console application. But when I try the same
application as a web service (with the appropriate
changes, of course), the application just hangs and
eventually times out.

Is there something special that needs to be done when
connecting to a DSN from within a web service?

Please CC me on and replies.

TIA,
Arno

2 Answers

(Peter Wu [MS])

:
: Is there something special that needs to be done when
: connecting to a DSN from within a web service?

Can you please post the content of this DSN? What kind of database you
connect to and what driver?

Web Services run under ASPNET account. Have you granted that user account
enough permissions?

Hope this helps.

--
Peter Wu