timestamp in dataset datetime field

Norman Gootee

12/10/2002 5:09:00 PM

I have an Access2000 table that I have
to load into a SQLserver2000 table. Before I make the transfer, I want to
load it into a dataset and clean up the data. The table has a datetime field
that contains a date (dd/mm/yyyy) and a datetime field that contains a
timestamp (hh:mm:ss).
When I load the table into an oledbDataAdapter, the timestamp gets changed
to 12/30/99. I am hoping that the odbcDataAdapter will keep it as a
timestamp. I have no control over how the table is loaded. It comes from
data that is downloaded into a handheld meter from a parking meter. If
someone could tell me how to keep the timestamp from changing to 12/30/99 I
could use the oledbDataAdapter. It doen't really matter as long as I get the
timestamp unchanged.

---

Mats Åhman \(IT-HUSET\)

Hallo!

I have had the same problem but with ODBC.Net and Informix.
Now I convert the timestamp to a String at the same time I select it.

// må