sql anywhere v5 integration with c#/.net framework

Rod Morison

12/6/2002 12:25:00 AM

We have a software system from a vendor that runs sql anywhere v5
(Dbsrv50.exe). Upgrading the DBMS from 5 is not an option for now.

I'm recommending technology to replace the proprietary business/presentation
logic and I'd like to integrate their legacy database with C#. I've had no
problem making DB connections from C# to ASA 8.0.

The connection to the v5 server will be via TCP/IP on a VPN, so client and
server will be on different nets. All machines are win2k.

My question is:

What drivers, initialization, and setup issues can I anticipate to establish
client/server ODBC from C#/.netframework to the v5 database? (I get access
to the database on Saturday and would like to pull together everything I'll
need before then.)

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Rod