DBISAM ODBC 3.19 Visual Sudio .Net or Dreamweaver MX

(David Wen)

12/25/2002 8:53:00 PM

Hi
Did anyone try DBISAM ODBC 3.19 with Visual Studio .Net or Dreamweaver MX
with luck? I tried it with Dreamweaver MX, it works OK with classic ASP. When I
tried it with Dreamweaver MX VB .Net, all tests through the Dreamweaver MX
document window completed successfully, it showed that it was able to generate
a connection and a Dataset. But there was the error message as following:

##################### error message start ####################
System.ArgumentException: The .Net Data OLE DB Provider
(System.Data.OleDb) does not support the MSDASQL Provider, Microsoft OLE
DB Provider for ODBC Drivers.
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.ValidateConnectionString(Hashtable
hashtable, String connectionString)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection..ctor(String connectionString)
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.NewDbConnection(String strConnection)
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()
System.Exception: The DefaultView was requested but no tables yet exist.
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.get_DefaultView()

When I tried it with Visual Studio .Net, I could create Data Connection. But when I
was creating OleDbDataAdapter, it showed error message as: "Unable to connect
to database. Catastrophic failure", it crashed my Visual Studio .Net a few times.

Anyone have successfully used Visual Studio .Net or Dreamweaver MX VB .Net
with DBISAM populated on the Web pages?

Thanks

David