uping

I have a question. Why use ODBC.NET, does ODBC for OLEDB provider work
incorrectly in .NET framework?

4 Answers

Evan T. Basalik

If it does, I cannot seem to make it work. I ended up downloading ODBC.NET.

"uping" <uping@21cn.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a question. Why use ODBC.NET, does ODBC for OLEDB provider work
> incorrectly in .NET framework?

Ted

With ODBC.Net can you use ado.net with Microsoft Office?

Ted

(Robert Sundström)

In article <erFFPP3mCHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP11>, "uping" <uping@21cn.com> wrote:
> I have a question. Why use ODBC.NET, does ODBC for OLEDB provider work
>incorrectly in .NET framework?

If you want to connect to a data source which does not support OLE DB you have
to use .NET ODBC Data provider. Unfortunately, the .Net OLE DB provider cannot
use the OLE DB provider for ODBC (MSDASQL).

-
Robert Sundström, Mimer SQL Development
Upright Database Technology AB, http://www...
Validate your SQL statements/procedures at http://developer.mimer....

Max Chernyshov

Yeas it does but, you will be stock with the COM again.
And "it is not really convenient" to mix these together,
even if it is possible.

I am using COM calls, only if I have to.