Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed

Kathy

12/4/2002 2:15:00 AM

ERROR [IM004] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's
SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed

Does anyone have a clue what is wrong - I am using the
IBM DB2 ODBC driver. I can connect fine using the DB2
tools and in VS.NET just fine; this error only happens in
my web page. The connection strings in the web are good
because I am able to run things just fine from 5 other
machines using identical code - so I am thinking the
problem is either with the ODBC set-up or this machine's
IIS. I've reinstalled everything I can think of and am
out of ideas.

Any help is appreciated!
2 Answers

Nico

Bonjour,

Si tu fonctionnes sur un syst=E8me =E0 base NT, as-tu essay=E9=20
d'=E9tendre les autorisations sur les cl=E9s=20
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC et cl=E9s enfants?

J'esp=E8re t'avoir aid=E9.

Bye

Leon

Kathy, the error seems to indicate that you have a problem at a fairly high
level in the ODBC Driver Manager. I am not even sure that the DB2 ODBC
driver is the picture at this stage. What level of MDAC do you have on this
machine? What is your OS? What level of the DB2 client code do you have
installed? Are you able to use any other ODBC driver n this machine?