Dbase III data from Server Explorer VB.Net

Pablo Rodriguez

after downloading ODBC.NET provider to work with files in Dbase format, now
I've been trying to create a connection with the Server Explorer in VS.Net
to these files but without success.

My application is working fine. I'm using a connection string and I get
access to the dbf files, via code.

I would like to use the Server Explorer to see my dbf files but I couldn't
make it.
In Add New Connection, I choose Ole DB Provider for ODBC drivers then I
select a DSN System with the dbase driver configured but It fails...
Any known solution?
I tried the VFP Visual Fox Pro drivers but it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance...

1 Answer

Bob Grommes

Not that I've tried terribly hard, but I haven't had any luck using the
Server Explorer with anything but SQL Server and OLE DB sources. I have
rolled all my own ADO.NET code for ODBC connections, and done table
maintenance with the native DB tools externally. Perhaps VS 1.1 might have
better support for ODBC in Server Explorer, but I doubt that support will
ever be as stable and complete as it is for SQL Server and OLE DB, if only
because there are so many levels of ODBC drivers and such variation in
driver quality.

--Bob