Julio Negron

11/27/2002 3:05:00 PM

After installing MDAC 2.6 I still get an error from the Framwork telling me
that its only seeing 2.52 on my machine! Whats going on? I'm trying to
access an Excel97 file which I did successfully in Classic ASP, but ASP.NET
gives me the MDAC Version Error!

1 Answer

(Hussein Abuthuraya(MSFT))

Download and use ComCheck tool to tell you what is the version of MDAC that is currently installed. Use the "Guess mode" so that it checks the machine and compare the
found files against a previously stored information. Also this tool does diagnostic to MDAC and generates a Summary Report for any found problems. This tool can be
downloaded from:

http://www.microsoft...download....

Click on "Component Checker tool" link and save cc.EXE file then extract it. Now execute ComCheck.EXE and wait for the version to pop up in a message box then you have
chance to view the summary report.

If previously had the Framework and VS.NET installed then you would have MDAC 2.7. Unless you ran something that forced MDAC 2.5 SP2 to overwrite it, I don't know how
you have it.

If you ran MDAC 2.6 and it didn't upgrade MDAC, then most likely there was a silent rollback that didn't complete the installation. How about downloading and installing
MDAC 2.7 from http://www.microsoft.... If that got installed, then your ASP.NET would not complain again about MDAC.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Hussein Abuthuraya
Microsoft Developer Support

Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft Strategic Technology Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.co....