Sharon Lin

11/8/2002 5:36:00 PM

Hi all,

I am trying to connect to a BroadBase database using the ODBC.net data
provider and here is the error message I get:

[OdbcException: ERROR [08S01] [Broadbase][ODBC Broadbase Driver] Access is
denied.

]

Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open() +645

aspxweb.WebForm1.Button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
c:\documents and
settings\shlin\vswebcache\ra-clarify\aspxweb\webform1.aspx.cs:80

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePo
stBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57

sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

At first glance it look like a simple "Access Denied" login error, but the
connection string I am using is identical to the one I am using with ADO .
which allows me to connect to the database correctly.

Here is the connection string I am using in my aspx file: (throws an
Exception)

cn = new
OdbcConnection("DSN=Broadbase;DATABASE=broadbase;SERVER=MyServer;UID=uname;P
WD=upwd");

Here is the connection string I am using in my asp file: (Connects
correctly)

conStr =
"DSN=Broadbase;DATABASE=broadbase;SERVER=MyServer;UID=uname;PWD=upwd");

The question is. is it possible that ODBC.net is connecting to the database
using a credential other then the one I am providing. or could this be
caused by some other reason? (Such as ODBC.net does not work with the
BroadBase ODBC driver I have. which brings up another question. the error
message seems to be from the BroadBase ODBC driver so it looks like it's
communicating with the database fine)

I am just curious why this is the case, it will be nice if ODBC.net can
communicate to Broadbase correctly so I don't have to use asp pages within
my .net web project to access Broadbase info.

Any help will be appreciated!

Best Regards,

Sharon

--
NOTE: Due to overwhelming junk email to my listed email account, I have
disabled all incoming email from unknown sources. Please reply to the