ODBC connection is not pooled?

Ruxo Zheng

11/8/2002 6:31:00 AM

I'm using Client Access 32-bit ODBC driver for IBM
AS/400, creating a web application. In ODBC.NET document
states that ODBC data provider enables connection pooling
automatically, so it should still be fast although I
close the connections and reopen them frequently but it
seems not true with this ODBC driver. (I experimented a
page with a permanent ODBC connection and it ran faster!)

I searched this newsgroup and found one topic refers
something like "Connection Pool Toolkit" but I haven't
found this in MSDN search. Is it available for download?
or is there anything I can do to establish the connection
pooling?

Sincerely thanks,
Ruxo Zheng
1 Answer

samuel

You can find the references to the mentioned toolkit at :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...
url=/library/en-us/dnmdac/html/pooling2.asp

and you can download its code at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/code/de...
url=/code/sample.asp?url=/msdn-
files/026/002/717/msdncompositedoc.xml