Upgrade Access 97 DB to Access 2K

Sebastien Lange

Is it possible to upgrade an Access 97 DB to an Access 2K DB (or XP)
programmatically (without Access installed)?
I think it's not possible in .NET, but using Interop I can see 3 solutions:
1) With ADODB or JRO (like compacting a db)? Is it possible?
2) With Microsoft Office PIAs, but then Access XP should be installed... or
can I copy some dll of Access to do it? I don't think it is possible.
3) Or do I have to create a blank Access 2K db and then copying each
tupple... very slow

What's the faster way to do it? Is there any other way to do it?

Thanks,
Sebastien

1 Answer

Paul Clement

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 14:32:57 +0100, "Sebastien Lange" <sebastien.lange@alcatel.be> wrote:

¤ Hi,
¤
¤ Is it possible to upgrade an Access 97 DB to an Access 2K DB (or XP)
¤ programmatically (without Access installed)?
¤ I think it's not possible in .NET, but using Interop I can see 3 solutions:
¤ 1) With ADODB or JRO (like compacting a db)? Is it possible?
¤ 2) With Microsoft Office PIAs, but then Access XP should be installed... or
¤ can I copy some dll of Access to do it? I don't think it is possible.
¤ 3) Or do I have to create a blank Access 2K db and then copying each
¤ tupple... very slow
¤
¤ What's the faster way to do it? Is there any other way to do it?

Keep in mind that CompactDatabase will convert data only and not Access objects. Only Microsoft
Access can completely convert a database to a newer version.

Paul ~~~ pclement@ameritech.net
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)