MS Provider for Oracle - conn timeout not working properly

Justin O'Brien

10/29/2002 6:33:00 PM

I am trying to use connection pooling with the MS.Net
Provider for Oracle. I am able to observe the pooling
behavior by running my app and watching the Oracle
sessions creep up to my pool limit. However, When my test
finishes, the sessions do not appear to be expiring at the
specified rate. In other words, I am setting a 1 second
timeout for the connection but, it seems to take much
longer than that - several minutes or it hangs around
until I close the app. I know for sure that I am closing
all conns that I open since I have put the conn.close code
in a finally block. Any ideas? Thanks.