ODBC + PostgreSQL + Numeric

Michael Kurz

10/21/2002 7:39:00 PM

I have a serious problem. I use the Managed .Net ODBC Data Provider to
access PostgreSQL (WinXP + Cygwin) under .Net. When I read a numeric-
attribute from the db into my DataSet, the decimal separator is changed
from '.' to ',' automatically (I am in Austria and thus have a german
version of Win XP). Whenever I write changes back to the db PostgreSQL
complains about the ','.

What I want to know is: is there a possibility to change the representation
of a numeric in the dataset. I don't want to have the localized
representation with the ','. I simply want have the "english" style without
changing my system-language-settings.

Thanks,
Michael