Steve Schroeder

10/21/2002 5:40:00 PM

Trying to make a simple ADO connection through a Webservice project in .Net.
Unfortuantely this doesn't seem to work, although the same code works in
VB.Net

The Webservice is running through the localhost IIS Service on the
development machine but seems to not be able to use the third party ODBC
driver (Merant), though the driver is installed and works correctly as the
vendor intended it to, as I said it works in a standard VB.Net project.

Here is the error message:

[MERANT][ODBC Informix driver]Optional feature not implemented.
at ADODB.ConnectionClass.Open(String ConnectionString, String UserID,
String Password, Int32 Options)
at dbconnect.Functions.InformixConnection(String sHostServer) in
C:\Visual Studio Projects\dbconnect\dbconnect\Functions.vb:line 29
at dbconnect.Informix.Connect(String sWhichHost) in C:\Visual Studio
Projects\dbconnect\dbconnect\Connect.vb:line 6
at WebService1.Service1.Elite() in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebService1\Service1.asmx.vb:line 59

I could provide to code, but it's just a simple ADO connection.

Here is the DSN string:

"DSN=Informix;DB=son_db;HOST=accounting;SERV=sqlexec;SRVR=ol_accounting;PRO=
olsoctcp;UID=;PWD="

Of course the UID and PWD are left out here in this post for security
reasons. Also the DSN is a system DSN, not a user DSN.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone in the 'know' monitor these groups?

Thanks,

Steve