Re: Trouble when updating Decimal type with ODBC/MySQL

Dvoøák Josef

10/21/2002 4:26:00 PM

I have the same problem (I´m using Sybase) and the decimal part is
truncated.
Can anybody (from MS) help?

Thank´s.

"Ju" <truc@noos.fr> wrote in message
> Hi:
> I'm using the ODBC.NET data provider to read MySQL tables into a DataSet
via
> an OdbcDataAdapter. I'm adding rows to the Dataset and I'm calling the
> Update method on the OdbcDataAdapter to apply changes on the MySAL tables.
> It works fine, but decimal part of Decimal Type fields are truncated :
>
> E.g.: myDecimal = 2.005 will be 2.0000 in MYSQL Database (field format =
> Decimal(10,4))
>
> Any thoughts ?
> Thanks
> Julien

1 Answer

Dvoøák Josef

Hi I found a solution of this problem:
on MSDN WWW
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/...
dbcjetdata_type_limit.asp)
Drivers does not support DECIMAL, so i replaced it by DOUBLE
(OdbcDataType.Double) and it´s works perfectly.

Josef Dvorak