Connection String for DBase

Ron Baldwin

10/19/2002 12:46:00 AM

Please provide with or direct me to examples of connection
strings that will work with Dot Net ODBC, specifically for
access of data in Dbase III file format. I have this
working using an ODBC DSN, but not with a connection
string. Thanks, Ron
1 Answer

(Hussein Abuthuraya(MSFT))

Ron,

Creat a FileDSN using the ODBC Admin and then open that file using notepad. Copy everything after [ODBC] and add semicolon between the arguments. Copy and paste
the connection string and use it in your code.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Hussein Abuthuraya
Microsoft Developer Support

Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft Strategic Technology Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.co....