Informix without DSN using odbc?

Shawn Hogan <shogan<N_0-S_p_a-m

9/30/2002 7:37:00 PM

Hello all!!!!

I'm wondering if someone has been able to connect to Informix using odbc
without using a DSN. Currently I can connect using:
"dsn=mydsn;uid=myuser;User ID = myuser; password=mypass"

A sample connection string would be greatly appreciated.

Shawn

2 Answers

Shawn Hogan <shogan<N_0-S_p_a-m

Well i've found my answer.... apparently it is YES.... here is a sample
connection string.

Driver={INFORMIX 3.31 32
BIT};UID=uid;PWD=pwd;DB=stores7;HOST=host;SERV=1111;SRVR=server;PRO=onsoctcp
"

"Shawn Hogan @whitehilltech.com>" <shogan<N_0-S_p_a-m> wrote in message
> Hello all!!!!
>
> I'm wondering if someone has been able to connect to Informix using odbc
> without using a DSN. Currently I can connect using:
> "dsn=mydsn;uid=myuser;User ID = myuser; password=mypass"
>
> A sample connection string would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Shawn

unknown

But can you hit it from ASP.NET?

--Abe