C# ConnectionString to registered ODBC datasource

Bob Eriksson

9/28/2002 4:19:00 PM

Hello,

I´m trying to get an autogenerated ConnectionString to a ODBC (system DNS)
registered Access database (*.mdb).
How can I get it to work without the "hardcoded" style where I just drag my
database-tables to the workspace and gets my autogenerated ConnectionString?

I´m coding on a windows form and the "Jet 4.0 OLE DB provider" works fine
and can connect to my database. I was trying to use the "OLE DB provider for
ODBC drivers" and checked the ConnectionString option and created a
dsn-file. I definitely missed something on the way....
Maybe You can help me in the right direction? I didnt find a sample or
tutorial...

Thanks,
Bob