Access database, SQL-statements via ODBC

(Karsten Weinert)

12/25/2002 4:57:00 PM

Hello,
I am trying to use an Access database via ODBC. It works fine, but
there are some SQL-statements that create an error.

When I want to find the tupels with NULLs in one column, I should
state

SELECT id,col1 WHERE col1 IS NULL

This does not work. Can you please advise me how to select the
null tupels?

Am I right when I say that
CREATE VIEW statements, and also CREATE TABLE statements with
NOT NULL constraints, are not supported?

Kind regards,
Karsten
1 Answer

(Hussein Abuthuraya(MSFT))

Karsten,

What is the error message you are getting when running that query?
Is that error particular to col1 or it may happen when checking null on any other field?
What is col1? Is it a date field, numeric or what?

Thanks,
Hussein Abuthuraya
Microsoft Developer Support

Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft Strategic Technology Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.co....