Sybase 5.5 raises Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Juan M. Servera

6/14/2002 9:13:00 AM

I'm developing a little tool to migrate an old Sybase 5.5 database to a
MSSQL. I'm going to copy the contents of 163 tables from one database to
another.
I'm having severe problems with it because the sybase 5.5 OdbcConnection
raises randomly NullReference exceptions.
I've found that if I close the connection every time I read a table I don't
get the exception anymore, but it's very very slooooow.
I've tested my tool with other odbc drivers (sybase7, mssql) and works ok.
Has anybody used Sybase 5.5 through ODBC.NET?
Thanks.