microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

images with background colour

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/14/2004 2:15:00 PM

If a pic has a white background and the cell is a
different colour how do I get it to blend in? I know it's
easy I did it before but can't remember how.

Thanks
5 Answers

Steve Easton

With your image editing program.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
"Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If a pic has a white background and the cell is a
> different colour how do I get it to blend in? I know it's
> easy I did it before but can't remember how.
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

how? Thanks
I thought I did it before and it was something so simple
in FP 2003 now I can't figure it out.

Thanks

Stefan B. Rusynko

Explain "blend in"
In FP all you can do is right click the cell and set it's cell background color to the same as your image,
or select the image and on the Pictures tool bar select the washout tool or transparency color
(both of which will save a reduced quality version of your image)
Everything else in the image (setting transparency on .gif, etc.) is better done w/ and image editor

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19c6c01c42254$2c6ec270$a601280a@phx.gbl...
| how? Thanks
| I thought I did it before and it was something so simple
| in FP 2003 now I can't figure it out.
|
| Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Ok the picture has a white background and the cell is
dark blue. I did something before I think maybe make it
transparent and then the picture did not have a white
background but rather just have the same back ground as
the cell. But I can't figure out how to do this again.
Thank you.

FrontPage ]
;
>To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
> http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...
>

>"Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:19c6c01c42254$2c6ec270$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>| how? Thanks
>| I thought I did it before and it was something so
simple
>| in FP 2003 now I can't figure it out.
>|
>| Thanks

Stefan B. Rusynko

If it is a .gif edit it in your image editing program to make it transparent, or in FP in the Pictures tool bar select the
transparency color tool and the white area of your pic

"Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a57201c42322$336a6f10$a601280a@phx.gbl...
| Ok the picture has a white background and the cell is
| dark blue. I did something before I think maybe make it
| transparent and then the picture did not have a white
| background but rather just have the same back ground as
| the cell. But I can't figure out how to do this again.
| Thank you.

| >|