=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/14/2004 2:07:00 PM

What is the best way to insert Excel charts into a page?
Currently, we go through quite a few steps to get them
saved as .jpgs and the quality is poor. Another option is
to copy them into Photoshop directly from Excel.

Can someone share the most efficient and highest-quality
process?

Thank you!
4 Answers

Steve Easton

Have you tried saving them as a web page using Save As... in Excel and then
importing the resulting htm page into FrontPage?

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
"Kathryn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the best way to insert Excel charts into a page?
> Currently, we go through quite a few steps to get them
> saved as .jpgs and the quality is poor. Another option is
> to copy them into Photoshop directly from Excel.
>
> Can someone share the most efficient and highest-quality
> process?
>
> Thank you!

Pat O'B

Kathryn, I'm having the very same issue. If you find out,
can you email me? Thanks!

Stefan B. Rusynko

See http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010346011033&CTT=4&Origin=CH01...

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"Steve Easton" <admin@95isalive.com> wrote in message news:%23iiHJTjIEHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
| Have you tried saving them as a web page using Save As... in Excel and then
| importing the resulting htm page into FrontPage?
|

| --
| Steve Easton
| Microsoft MVP FrontPage
| 95isalive
| This site is best viewed..................
| ..............................with a computer
| "Kathryn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > What is the best way to insert Excel charts into a page?
| > Currently, we go through quite a few steps to get them
| > saved as .jpgs and the quality is poor. Another option is
| > to copy them into Photoshop directly from Excel.
| >
| > Can someone share the most efficient and highest-quality
| > process?
| >
| > Thank you!

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Thank you for your suggestions. The best solution for me
is this:

- In Excel, select the chart for insertion into your page
- From the File Menu, choose Save As Web Page
- In the dialogue, click the Selection:Chart option
Click Save

This will generate a web page but also a .gif file.
Insert the .gif file into your page.

This only works for static charts that are essentially to
be treated as graphics objects.

Thanks again!
Kathryn