Mommio2

4/14/2004 3:44:00 AM

Hi! I tried putting a feedback form into our school's web site today, but I
am unable to have it sent as a text file to the server (what it does by
default). Is there a way to instead have the form sent to an email address?
When I hyperlink the submit button to an email address, it just opens up a
new email. I want to send the form via email. Thanks! I am VERY new to FP
2003! I really appreciate all the help I can get!

5 Answers

erwien

Mommio2,

The FrontPage form relies on the FrontPage Server
Extensions and publishing with FrontPage to http location.
Don't udse FTP.

In addition, the FP form is set up in form properties to
send to email and optional file. This is not determined by
creating a hyperlink to the submit button. For a basic
heads up on building FrontPage forms, stop by my site.

Mike Smith,
http://FrontPag.B...
Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

1. Open the page that contains your feedback form
2. Right click anywhere INSIDE THE FORM border (on a form
field, for example. A menu appears.
3. Click Form Properties on the menu. The Form Properties
dialog box appears.
4. Click Options. Saving Results dialog box appears
5. Click E-Mail Results tab
6. Type the desired e-mail address in the E-Mail Address
to Receive Results box
7. Click OK
8. Click OK

Mommio2

Wow, thanks to you both! Can't wait to try it! It's so nice to have so
many experts to ask when I am just starting out!

"Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> 1. Open the page that contains your feedback form
> 2. Right click anywhere INSIDE THE FORM border (on a form
> field, for example. A menu appears.
> 3. Click Form Properties on the menu. The Form Properties
> dialog box appears.
> 4. Click Options. Saving Results dialog box appears
> 5. Click E-Mail Results tab
> 6. Type the desired e-mail address in the E-Mail Address
> to Receive Results box
> 7. Click OK
> 8. Click OK

Mommio2

One more question, please. I tried this and it worked GREAT - except
for one little thing! I tried to set up my own confirmation page. After I
set the form properties, I went to the confirmation tab. The browse button
is not active, so I could not browse to show it where my confirmation page
was. I tried typing in the URL, too, but when I try it out online and click
the submit button, it tells me that the confirmation page is not found on
the system. Then, I type in the URL of the confirmation page, and it goes
right there, so it is available! Any ideas why this is happening or why my
browse (to set the confirmation page) is not lit up? Thanks so much again!

"Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> 1. Open the page that contains your feedback form
> 2. Right click anywhere INSIDE THE FORM border (on a form
> field, for example. A menu appears.
> 3. Click Form Properties on the menu. The Form Properties
> dialog box appears.
> 4. Click Options. Saving Results dialog box appears
> 5. Click E-Mail Results tab
> 6. Type the desired e-mail address in the E-Mail Address
> to Receive Results box
> 7. Click OK
> 8. Click OK

Stefan B. Rusynko

Make sure you always have a FP Web/Site open when working on pages w/i the site
- that's probably why you couldn't Browse to it

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...