+FarmerPickles

4/13/2004 7:23:00 PM

I am trying to write a script or scripts for a bracket style tourney. I am
lost. The problem is, I can't find any resourses that would show how to
write something like this. i am intermediate as far as asp i would say. can
someone point me in the right direction or help even??
What I need is, a sign up, a check in before tourney, then it will draw the
brackets with the bye's in the correct places. and moves the names over once
a player wins.. like any bracket would do. i have seen these availible for
PHP.. but ummm i hate PHP..lol
Let me know if you need anymore info.
Thanks
Jeff

2 Answers

Greg Chagnon

This is an ambitious project.

You may wish to take a look at http://www.fuzzyso... and see if the offer anything.

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '09 - '02
http://www.websunl...
"+FarmerPickles" <gig_bam@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23GE0EzYIEHA.2480@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I am trying to write a script or scripts for a bracket style tourney. I am
> lost. The problem is, I can't find any resourses that would show how to
> write something like this. i am intermediate as far as asp i would say. can
> someone point me in the right direction or help even??
> What I need is, a sign up, a check in before tourney, then it will draw the
> brackets with the bye's in the correct places. and moves the names over once
> a player wins.. like any bracket would do. i have seen these availible for
> PHP.. but ummm i hate PHP..lol
> Let me know if you need anymore info.
> Thanks
> Jeff

+FarmerPickles

yea... it is, and a bit over my head. i tried that site, and searched for
tourney and tournament with no results. i have tried just about everything
online as a resource, but cannot come up with anything.
thanks for your time, and let me know if you think of anything else please
Jeff