=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/13/2004 6:58:00 PM

I'm using FP2000 version4.01
I've just published my site. Everything OK
I'm trying to "validate" it and got the message:
Can't validate as the site needs a DOCTYPE (a document
type declaration) to begin the HTML document to tell a
validator which version of HTML to use in checking the
syntax.
I've followed WC3 guideline to no avail
I've tried all possibilities (HTML 3.2 - HTML 4.01
Strict - HTML 4.01 Transitional and Frameset)
Still get same answer from different validators: No
DOCTYPE
I've tried to use Dave Ragget's HTML Tidy(to
automayically correct html errors and suggest a DOCTYPE)
to no avail either.
Any suggestions?

3 Answers

Greg Chagnon

Enter a Doc type in the HTML view.

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97 - '02
http://www.websunl...

"daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c0ed01c42189$30227fe0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> I'm using FP2000 version4.01
> I've just published my site. Everything OK
> I'm trying to "validate" it and got the message:
> Can't validate as the site needs a DOCTYPE (a document
> type declaration) to begin the HTML document to tell a
> validator which version of HTML to use in checking the
> syntax.
> I've followed WC3 guideline to no avail
> I've tried all possibilities (HTML 3.2 - HTML 4.01
> Strict - HTML 4.01 Transitional and Frameset)
> Still get same answer from different validators: No
> DOCTYPE
> I've tried to use Dave Ragget's HTML Tidy(to
> automayically correct html errors and suggest a DOCTYPE)
> to no avail either.
> Any suggestions?

foolsrushin.

On 17 Dec, 00:41, UncleEnglish <dolomi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 Dec, 19:46, Mel Rowing <mel.row...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 16, 7:12 pm, "." <bbbbbdfgdfgdgd...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2...
>
> > Luxembourg hasn't got a fishing fleet.
>
> > It's through talking crap like this that he's become famous.
>
> >http://themes.eea.europa.eu/Sectors_and_activities/fishery/......
>
> >http://tinyurl....
>
> > With him on the Eurosceptic side, who needs Europhiles?
>
> And the Swiss Navy as a rowing boat they hire from the Luxembourg
> fleet.
> --
> foolsrushin.

Especially nowadays, it is a good idea to have close European co-
operation, favouring trading across the whole of Europe, and I think
it would be stupid to exclude Russia and Putin.

He is the Margaret Thatcher of his era! Plainly, American foreign
policy is stuck in the past. Europeans need to unite!

It is bad enough to imagine one economy being managed from the top
down, but the whole of Europe, East and West, being managed by
bureaucrats. Who with any sense in his head would accept such a thing!
--
foolsrushin.

foolsrushin.