microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

How can I have users download a file?

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/13/2004 6:30:00 PM

I'm a newbie so please help. I've read the other posts &
still have questions. I want users to be able to download
a file. I've placed the file (pdf) in the folder with web.
I've created a hyperlink from a web page to this file.
When I click on the hyperlink, instead of a download
dialog box, which is what I want, the pdf is opened. Once
the pdf is opened it can be saved. However, this is a
nuisance since the file is large & takes sometime for
Acrobat Reader to open it.

How do I get the dialog box?

Please know, I am developing this web OFFLINE.

Thanks for any help!
2 Answers

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Never mind! I missed the post about zip files. I made a
self-extracting file from the pdf. Linked to it & voila!
Dialog box.

Greg Chagnon

Hi Dvmoore,

If you wish to have the file downloaded zip it then create a link.

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97 - '02
http://www.websunl...