microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

SQL 2000 Database w/FrontPage

Michael Chung

4/13/2004 6:22:00 PM

Hi All!

I am interested in building a PHP page using FrontPage to
obtain data from a SQL 2000 database. I have FrontPage
2002 loaded on my PC with PHP Rocket Add-in. My problem
is that I am unable to connect to the SQL server. I
configured a system DSN to connect and tested the
connectivity. But when I use the Database Wizard
Interface the section for other databases are gray out.

I also try different combination of credentials settings
on the IIS side but without any success.

TIA

Regards,
Michael Chung
1 Answer

Jim Buyens

Howdy.

>I am interested in building a PHP page using FrontPage to
>obtain data from a SQL 2000 database. I have FrontPage
>2002 loaded on my PC with PHP Rocket Add-in. My problem
>is that I am unable to connect to the SQL server. I
>configured a system DSN to connect and tested the
>connectivity. But when I use the Database Wizard
>Interface the section for other databases are gray out.
>
>I also try different combination of credentials settings
>on the IIS side but without any success.
>
>TIA
>
>Regards,
>Michael Chung

You need to create a FrontPage database connection to the
System DSN. Tools, Site Settings, Database, Add, System
Data Source On Web Server.

More importantly, though, FrontPage won't create PHP code.
It only knows how to create ASP or (in the case of FP2003)
ASP.NET code.

If you want to use the Database Interface Wizard, you have
to run ASP or ASP.NET on a Microsoft Web server.

If you want to use PHP, you have to write the PHP code by
hand.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.inter...