Eoin Miller

4/13/2004 3:45:00 PM

Your problem is using a disk-based web. It's a bit more complicated than
that, though. You can certainly develop on a disk-based web. You can publish
it to a disk location, as you have done, but as such, FrontPage will
(correctly) assume that there is no server present, even though you are
publishing to the file location of the web server's virtual directories.
FrontPage publishing is all about context. Publish to the HTTP location
(URL) of the web server location where you want the web to reside. I believe
you will first have to delete the files that you published incorrectly.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running a Disk-based web page to act as a data entry tool for my
business' office staff. The page consists of two frames; one contains the
phone scripts, the other contains the form to capture the customers'
personal information. The idea is that at the end of the day I could view
and/or print all the info entered for that day from the database. i have
installed IIS 5.0, and all the File Extensions, to the best of my limited
ability. I have Published the Web Page to the Inetpub folder on my hard
drive and it works beautifully. I then used the Wizard to create the
database for the info, but when I try to publish it to the Inetpub folder I
get an error saying that it can't publish there because the parent web
wouldnt be a disk-based web page and that I should publish the database
elsewhere. When I try to publish it to a new folder in My Documents, the
error window says that it won't work there because the server I'm trying to
publish it to doesnt support .ASP files. Maybe what I'm trying to do isn't
possible, maybe it is, either way if you could shed a little light on this I
would appreciate it.