Stefan B. Rusynko

4/13/2004 2:12:00 PM

Do not use disc based webs or paths
Publish to http://localhost, which should be your FP server extended local web running under IIS

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0780CC3E-52CB-4B30-A197-9538DF27EB87@microsoft.com...
| I'm running a Disk-based web page to act as a data entry tool for my business' office staff. The page consists of two frames; one
contains the phone scripts, the other contains the form to capture the customers' personal information. The idea is that at the end
of the day I could view and/or print all the info entered for that day from the database. i have installed IIS 5.0, and all the
File Extensions, to the best of my limited ability. I have Published the Web Page to the Inetpub folder on my hard drive and it
works beautifully. I then used the Wizard to create the database for the info, but when I try to publish it to the Inetpub folder I
get an error saying that it can't publish there because the parent web wouldnt be a disk-based web page and that I should publish
the database elsewhere. When I try to publish it to a new folder in My Documents, the error window says that it won't work there
because the server I'm trying to publish it to doesnt support .ASP files. Maybe what I'm trying to do isn't possible, maybe it is,
either way if you could shed a little light on this I would appreciate it.