microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

FrontPage navigation and Norton AntiSpam conflict

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/12/2004 10:42:00 PM

When using the FrontPage navigation menus, Norton AntiSpam
blocks these menus. Does anyone have a solution other
than not using Norton AntiSpam? Is there a patch for
this? My company has FP2000. Does a newer version take
care of this problem?

My other options include not using the convenient
FrontPage navigation menus, but I am trying not to go
there just yet. I am all for quick fixes.

Thanks for your help.

Janet
7 Answers

Greg Chagnon

Hi Janet,

That is the first I've heard of this and honestly I find it hard to believe. Do you have JavaScript turned off?

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97 - '02
http://www.websunl...

"Janet" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b8e401c420df$66530850$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> When using the FrontPage navigation menus, Norton AntiSpam
> blocks these menus. Does anyone have a solution other
> than not using Norton AntiSpam? Is there a patch for
> this? My company has FP2000. Does a newer version take
> care of this problem?
>
> My other options include not using the convenient
> FrontPage navigation menus, but I am trying not to go
> there just yet. I am all for quick fixes.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Janet

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Mike -- Thank you for your response.

The person reporting it in my company said that when he
installed AntiSpam that the nav menu buttons disappeared.
I do not have the software to verify, because they are at
a different location. I asked about the JavaScript, but
he said the only thing he did was install Norton AntiSpam
and that they worked before that.

-- Janet

Greg Chagnon

I believe you'll have to look at that one yourself ;>)

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97-'02
http://www.websunl...

"Janet" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1be6701c42161$81bc1d70$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Mike -- Thank you for your response.
>
> The person reporting it in my company said that when he
> installed AntiSpam that the nav menu buttons disappeared.
> I do not have the software to verify, because they are at
> a different location. I asked about the JavaScript, but
> he said the only thing he did was install Norton AntiSpam
> and that they worked before that.
>
> -- Janet

Stefan B. Rusynko

Provide a URL of the site for those of us w/ NAV to look at

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/news...

"Janet" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1be6701c42161$81bc1d70$a401280a@phx.gbl...
| Mike -- Thank you for your response.
|
| The person reporting it in my company said that when he
| installed AntiSpam that the nav menu buttons disappeared.
| I do not have the software to verify, because they are at
| a different location. I asked about the JavaScript, but
| he said the only thing he did was install Norton AntiSpam
| and that they worked before that.
|
| -- Janet

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

www.carlsonsw.com

Stefan B. Rusynko

I run Norton Internet Security 2003 w/ Norton Antivirus and Popup Blocker and had no problems w/ your nav buttons

Check your Spam Settings to see if somehow you have blocked your own site

"Janet" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c74a01c4223a$dbf39dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
| www.carlsonsw.com

| >|
| >| The person reporting it in my company said that when he
| >| installed AntiSpam that the nav menu buttons
| disappeared.
| >| I do not have the software to verify, because they are
| at
| >| a different location. I asked about the JavaScript, but
| >| he said the only thing he did was install Norton
| AntiSpam
| >| and that they worked before that.
| >|
| >| -- Janet
| >|

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

Turns out that the answer is the following:
The program causing the problem was the Norton Pop-up
Blocker. It was blocking all JavaScript. By modifying
settings inside the pop-up blocker, everything is now
properly displayed.

Thanks for your input and suggestions.

Janet