jc calling

4/12/2004 8:24:00 AM

i have looked at both of these and can not find out how to set it up, it
does have a help file, but i can not make out what it mean, i have
installed formmail, that my server provider has, and it will not send the
email to me, i have changed the email address in the hidden part of the
button properties, and i ma not sure where to add the page you are taken to,
string. i have looked and i think i am missing it, does anyone know what i
mean,

please help me

thank you

10 Answers

Steve Easton

Without knowing which form mail script it is, it's kind of hard to tell.

1. are you using a FrontPage form??
2. are you sending the email to an address associated with your domain?? e.g.:
username@yourdomain.com

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
"jc calling" <thank you for you valued help> wrote in message
> i have looked at both of these and can not find out how to set it up, it
> does have a help file, but i can not make out what it mean, i have
> installed formmail, that my server provider has, and it will not send the
> email to me, i have changed the email address in the hidden part of the
> button properties, and i ma not sure where to add the page you are taken to,
> string. i have looked and i think i am missing it, does anyone know what i
> mean,
>
> please help me
>

> thank you

jc calling

formmail from formmail.com

i have changed the email address in the properties of the form as i do not
have an email address with my domain name.
i have also added a new part for the redirect when the form is sent, but
this to does not work.

"Steve Easton" <admin@95isalive.com> wrote in message
> Without knowing which form mail script it is, it's kind of hard to tell.
>
> 1. are you using a FrontPage form??
> 2. are you sending the email to an address associated with your domain??
e.g.:
> username@yourdomain.com
>
> --
> Steve Easton
> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> 95isalive
> This site is best viewed..................
> ..............................with a computer
> "jc calling" <thank you for you valued help> wrote in message
> > i have looked at both of these and can not find out how to set it up, it
> > does have a help file, but i can not make out what it mean, i have
> > installed formmail, that my server provider has, and it will not send
the
> > email to me, i have changed the email address in the hidden part of the
> > button properties, and i ma not sure where to add the page you are taken
to,
> > string. i have looked and i think i am missing it, does anyone know
what i
> > mean,
> >
> > please help me
> >

> > thank you

Tom Pepper

You should address this with the people at formmail.com
--
Tom Pepper Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
> formmail from formmail.com
>
> i have changed the email address in the properties of the form as i do not
> have an email address with my domain name.
> i have also added a new part for the redirect when the form is sent, but
> this to does not work.
>

> "Steve Easton" <admin@95isalive.com> wrote in message
> > Without knowing which form mail script it is, it's kind of hard to tell.
> >
> > 1. are you using a FrontPage form??
> > 2. are you sending the email to an address associated with your
domain??
> e.g.:
> > username@yourdomain.com
> >
> > --
> > Steve Easton
> > Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> > 95isalive
> > This site is best viewed..................
> > ..............................with a computer
> > "jc calling" <thank you for you valued help> wrote in message
> > > i have looked at both of these and can not find out how to set it up,
it
> > > does have a help file, but i can not make out what it mean, i have
> > > installed formmail, that my server provider has, and it will not send
> the
> > > email to me, i have changed the email address in the hidden part of
the
> > > button properties, and i ma not sure where to add the page you are
taken
> to,
> > > string. i have looked and i think i am missing it, does anyone know
> what i
> > > mean,
> > >
> > > please help me
> > >

> > > thank you

Ronx

Are you using the formmail.pl script, or the service provided by
formmail.com?
If using the script, which version? Early versions have a bug which stops
the redirection working.
See
http://www.scriptarchive.com/faq/formma... (bottom of page)
Also, have you configured the script for your server, and installed it
correctly?
--
Ron
"jc calling" <thank you for you valued help> wrote in message
> formmail from formmail.com
>
> i have changed the email address in the properties of the form as i do not
> have an email address with my domain name.
> i have also added a new part for the redirect when the form is sent, but
> this to does not work.
>

> "Steve Easton" <admin@95isalive.com> wrote in message
> > Without knowing which form mail script it is, it's kind of hard to tell.
> >
> > 1. are you using a FrontPage form??
> > 2. are you sending the email to an address associated with your
domain??
> e.g.:
> > username@yourdomain.com
> >
> > --
> > Steve Easton
> > Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> > 95isalive
> > This site is best viewed..................
> > ..............................with a computer
> > "jc calling" <thank you for you valued help> wrote in message
> > > i have looked at both of these and can not find out how to set it up,
it
> > > does have a help file, but i can not make out what it mean, i have
> > > installed formmail, that my server provider has, and it will not send
> the
> > > email to me, i have changed the email address in the hidden part of
the
> > > button properties, and i ma not sure where to add the page you are
taken
> to,
> > > string. i have looked and i think i am missing it, does anyone know
> what i
> > > mean,
> > >
> > > please help me
> > >

> > > thank you

Greg Chagnon

Hi JC,

See http://www.websunl.../sendit/...

The process is as simple as setting up a form.

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97 - '02
http://www.websunl...

"jc calling" <thank you for you valued help> wrote in message news:eWGnTeGIEHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> i have looked at both of these and can not find out how to set it up, it
> does have a help file, but i can not make out what it mean, i have
> installed formmail, that my server provider has, and it will not send the
> email to me, i have changed the email address in the hidden part of the
> button properties, and i ma not sure where to add the page you are taken to,
> string. i have looked and i think i am missing it, does anyone know what i
> mean,
>
> please help me
>

> thank you

jc calling

FormMail
Copyright 1995 - 2002 Matt Wright
Version 1.92 - Released April 21, 2002
A Free Product of Matt's Script Archive, Inc.

"Ronx" <ronx917@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Are you using the formmail.pl script, or the service provided by
> formmail.com?
> If using the script, which version? Early versions have a bug which stops
> the redirection working.
> See
> http://www.scriptarchive.com/faq/formma... (bottom of page)
> Also, have you configured the script for your server, and installed it
> correctly?
> --
> Ron
> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
> "jc calling" <thank you for you valued help> wrote in message
> > formmail from formmail.com
> >
> > i have changed the email address in the properties of the form as i do
not
> > have an email address with my domain name.
> > i have also added a new part for the redirect when the form is sent, but
> > this to does not work.
> >

> > "Steve Easton" <admin@95isalive.com> wrote in message
> > > Without knowing which form mail script it is, it's kind of hard to
tell.

> > > 1. are you using a FrontPage form??
> > > 2. are you sending the email to an address associated with your
> domain??
> > e.g.:
> > > username@yourdomain.com
> > >
> > > --
> > > Steve Easton
> > > Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> > > 95isalive
> > > This site is best viewed..................
> > > ..............................with a computer
> > > "jc calling" <thank you for you valued help> wrote in message
> it
> > the
> the
> taken
> > to,
> > what i

Steve Easton

A word of caution. Matt Wright's form mail is a great script. However, if
improperly set up it is extremely easy to hack. for the purposes of using it as
an anonymous spam forwarder. ( or so I've heard )

--
> FormMail
> Copyright 1995 - 2002 Matt Wright
> Version 1.92 - Released April 21, 2002
> A Free Product of Matt's Script Archive, Inc.
>

> "Ronx" <ronx917@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Are you using the formmail.pl script, or the service provided by
> > formmail.com?
> > If using the script, which version? Early versions have a bug which stops
> > the redirection working.
> > See
> > http://www.scriptarchive.com/faq/formma... (bottom of page)
> > Also, have you configured the script for your server, and installed it
> > correctly?
> > --
> > Ron
> > Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
> > "jc calling" <thank you for you valued help> wrote in message
> > > formmail from formmail.com
> > >
> > > i have changed the email address in the properties of the form as i do
> not
> > > have an email address with my domain name.
> > > i have also added a new part for the redirect when the form is sent, but
> > > this to does not work.
> > >

> > > "Steve Easton" <admin@95isalive.com> wrote in message
> tell.

> > domain??
> > > e.g.:

> up,
> > it
> send
> > > the
> > the
> > taken
> > > to,
> know
> > > what i

jc calling

my formmail is a CGI file and is in my cig-bin/formmail/ folder, where my
server provider has put it, it is put of one of there services, as they do
not support all frontpage extensions.

i have changed the email address in the form button to my email address as
it was set to a default email address, then tried it.

did not work so i added a new HIDDEN line to where the email address line
is, for the page that is to open after the submit button is hit, this line
is i.e.

recipient and i have a valid email address, a ....@yahoo.co.uk email

return_link_url and i have a valid link as the value for the ulr page to
open.

i have been told that i should be changing something in the FORMMAIL.CGI
file itself?

i am very losts, i need to use this as it is secure and is locked up within
my server and can not be viewed when information is sent, unlike the other
way i am currentley doing it, it is easily accessable to anyone who knows it
is there.

there are passwords and account details and stuff in the form that is
sent.!!!

hope you can help.

thanks

Jason

"Ronx" <ronx917@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Are you using the formmail.pl script, or the service provided by
> formmail.com?
> If using the script, which version? Early versions have a bug which stops
> the redirection working.
> See
> http://www.scriptarchive.com/faq/formma... (bottom of page)
> Also, have you configured the script for your server, and installed it
> correctly?
> --
> Ron
> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
> "jc calling" <thank you for you valued help> wrote in message
> > formmail from formmail.com
> >
> > i have changed the email address in the properties of the form as i do
not
> > have an email address with my domain name.
> > i have also added a new part for the redirect when the form is sent, but
> > this to does not work.
> >

> > "Steve Easton" <admin@95isalive.com> wrote in message
> > > Without knowing which form mail script it is, it's kind of hard to
tell.

> > > 1. are you using a FrontPage form??
> > > 2. are you sending the email to an address associated with your
> domain??
> > e.g.:
> > > username@yourdomain.com
> > >
> > > --
> > > Steve Easton
> > > Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> > > 95isalive
> > > This site is best viewed..................
> > > ..............................with a computer
> > > "jc calling" <thank you for you valued help> wrote in message
> it
> > the
> the
> taken
> > to,
> > what i

jc calling

yes i have heard that, i have it set up by my server provider as it is part
of the services, as the do not support frontpage extenstions!, do you know
of something else that i could use that is safe?

> A word of caution. Matt Wright's form mail is a great script. However,
if
> improperly set up it is extremely easy to hack. for the purposes of using
it as
> an anonymous spam forwarder. ( or so I've heard )
>

> --
> Steve Easton
> Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> 95isalive
> This site is best viewed..................
> ..............................with a computer
> "jc calling" <thank you for you valued help> wrote in message
> > FormMail
> > Copyright 1995 - 2002 Matt Wright
> > Version 1.92 - Released April 21, 2002
> > A Free Product of Matt's Script Archive, Inc.
> >

> > "Ronx" <ronx917@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Are you using the formmail.pl script, or the service provided by
> > > formmail.com?
> > > If using the script, which version? Early versions have a bug which
stops
> > > the redirection working.
> > > See
> > > http://www.scriptarchive.com/faq/formma... (bottom of page)
> > > Also, have you configured the script for your server, and installed it
> > > correctly?
> > > --
> > > Ron
> > > Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
> > > "jc calling" <thank you for you valued help> wrote in message

> > not

> > tell.

> > > domain??

> > up,
> > > it
> > send
> > > the
> > > taken
> > know

Ronx

Take a look at www.rxs-enterprises.com/tests/sendmail/
These pages provide a (very) rough guide to configuring and installing
formmail.
I have tested this on Windows 2003, but cannot test on Unix, since my host
does not support the script.
--
Ron