msnews.microsoft.com

4/11/2004 11:08:00 PM

I added a fourth frame to my site and when I preview it in my browser using
Front Page 2003 it looks fine. When I Publish it doesn't show the content of
the right frame. Can someone give me a hint of what may be wrong. I had it
working about a month ago but redesigned it so it wouldn't be so wide, not
it is messed up.

http://www.larry...

--

Larry D. Gibbs
gibbsld@msn.com

2 Answers

Steve Easton

You have an extra closing </frameset> tag
View the page in html / code view and remove the first one.
( the one immediately above FRAME SRC="Right_%20Frame.htm )

Also, you need to replace the spaces in your file names with _ underscores.
Spaces which show as %20 when seen in an address bar or when viewing source
in a browser, will break links in some browsers.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

"Larry D Gibbs" <gibbsld@msn.com> wrote in message
> I added a fourth frame to my site and when I preview it in my browser
using
> Front Page 2003 it looks fine. When I Publish it doesn't show the content
of
> the right frame. Can someone give me a hint of what may be wrong. I had it
> working about a month ago but redesigned it so it wouldn't be so wide, not
> it is messed up.
>
> http://www.larry...
>
> --
>
> Larry D. Gibbs
> gibbsld@msn.com
> Only left-handed people are in their right mind.

Greg Chagnon

Hi Larry,

The frame is there but the contents it is pointing to does not exist.
<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Not Found</H1>
The requested URL /Right_ Frame.htm was not found on this server.<P>
<HR>
<ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.larrygibbs.com Port 80</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>