microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Form to e-mail, without server extensions?

John Smith

4/11/2004 7:58:00 AM

FrontPage 2003

My hosting service is running on Windows servers, but doesn't support
FrontPage Server Extensions. However, they have support for ASP, .NET, Perl,
CGI, PHP, XML och SHTML, as well as CDONT and JMail. The reason for not
offering the server extensions is that "confuses" the users.

I have, through FP, created a relatively simple request form that I would
like potential customers to fill out and send to a specific e-mail address,
either as a formatted document looking something like the form on the site
page, or as plain, formatted text. It doesn't really matter.

How do I do this practically, and what steps are necessary to take and where
do these steps have to be taken? I would also like to have a confirmation
e-mail message sent to the reply-mail address, together with a redirection
to a confirmation message page.

A second, closely connected question, is how e-mail addresses can be
protected from being harvested in this type of application?

I would be most grateful for any guidance on this subject.

Eric G

Stockholm, Sweden

3 Answers

Greg Chagnon

Hi John,

Take a look at SEND IT! at http://www.websunl.../sendit/...

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97-'02
http://www.websunl...

"John Smith" <someone@mircrosoft.com> wrote in message news:uMCwlGtHEHA.2556@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> FrontPage 2003
>

> My hosting service is running on Windows servers, but doesn't support
> FrontPage Server Extensions. However, they have support for ASP, .NET, Perl,
> CGI, PHP, XML och SHTML, as well as CDONT and JMail. The reason for not
> offering the server extensions is that "confuses" the users.
>

> I have, through FP, created a relatively simple request form that I would
> like potential customers to fill out and send to a specific e-mail address,
> either as a formatted document looking something like the form on the site
> page, or as plain, formatted text. It doesn't really matter.
>

> How do I do this practically, and what steps are necessary to take and where
> do these steps have to be taken? I would also like to have a confirmation
> e-mail message sent to the reply-mail address, together with a redirection
> to a confirmation message page.
>

> A second, closely connected question, is how e-mail addresses can be
> protected from being harvested in this type of application?
>

> I would be most grateful for any guidance on this subject.
>

> Eric G
>
> Stockholm, Sweden

jc calling

i have looked at both of these and can not find out how to set it up, it
does have a help file, but i can not make out what it mean, i have
installed formmail, that my server provider has, and it will not send the
email to me, i have changed the email address in the hidden part of the
button properties, and i ma not sure where to add the page you are taken to,
string. i have looked and i think i am missing it, does anyone know what i
mean,

please help me

thank you

"John Smith" <someone@mircrosoft.com> wrote in message
> FrontPage 2003
>

> My hosting service is running on Windows servers, but doesn't support
> FrontPage Server Extensions. However, they have support for ASP, .NET,
Perl,
> CGI, PHP, XML och SHTML, as well as CDONT and JMail. The reason for not
> offering the server extensions is that "confuses" the users.
>

> I have, through FP, created a relatively simple request form that I would
> like potential customers to fill out and send to a specific e-mail
address,
> either as a formatted document looking something like the form on the site
> page, or as plain, formatted text. It doesn't really matter.
>

> How do I do this practically, and what steps are necessary to take and
where
> do these steps have to be taken? I would also like to have a confirmation
> e-mail message sent to the reply-mail address, together with a redirection
> to a confirmation message page.
>

> A second, closely connected question, is how e-mail addresses can be
> protected from being harvested in this type of application?
>

> I would be most grateful for any guidance on this subject.
>

> Eric G
>
> Stockholm, Sweden

Greg Chagnon

Can you build form? If so, you can create a SEND IT! form by just creating hidden fields with specific values (see the
documentation).

--
Mike -- FrontPage MVP '97 - '02
http://www.websunl...