microsoft.public.frontpage.programming

Formatting SQL in Prontpage 2003

=?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

4/9/2004 9:00:00 PM

I am trying to format a variable passed from a FP form to
an Access DB. None of the typical SQL formats seem to
work in FP passeding variable. Example.. Passing a text
variable requires the the variable be encased in double
colons> ::name:: . This works but I cannot get any kind
of string search to work no matter how I format. I've
tried WHERE (lastname LIKE ::name%::) and every other
variations I can think of... I need help with formatting
these FP variables...
2 Answers

Jim Buyens

In your example, the correct format should be

WHERE (lastname LIKE '::name::%')

After substitution, this results in

WHERE (lastname LIKE 'smit%')

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.inter...
Author of:
*----------------------------------------------------
|\---------------------------------------------------
|| Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out
||---------------------------------------------------
|| Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition
|| Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Inside Out
|| Faster Smarter Beginning Programming
|| (All from Microsoft Press)

Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FP]

Dan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> ... I need help with formatting these FP variables...

SQL Syntax Generated by the FrontPage Database Results Wizard
http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...[LN];306430

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage